The Ultimate Chocolate Granola Recipe
Chocolate Coconut Oil Granola is the Ultimate Chocolate Granola Recipe made with Oats and perfect as a breakfast recipe for kids. This Chocolate Coconut Oil Granola recipe is loved by many. Its got the perfect balance of crunchy and creamy when combined with milk for a healthy morning breakfast. The chocolate flavor takes this granola to the next level. The nuts just add to the flavor even more. So, it’s healthy delicious and yum. As a result, its the perfect breakfast option especially if you are a chocolate lover.
Chocolate Coconut Oil Granola (Chocolate Coconut Granola Recipe)
A foodie like me does not always enjoy oats for breakfast but when you convert the regular oats into freshly baked granola, I can’t resist it, NOBODY CAN RESIST IT
CHOCOLATE COCONUT OIL GRANOLA
So, I’m in love with this granola recipe and your kids are gonna love me as well. Also, this is perfectly chocolaty and also makes a good healthy breakfast. I’ve tried a lot of homemade granola’s, this one’s surely the best on the list. Moreover, the coconutty flavor just enhances the goodness of this recipe making it simply yumm…
LET’S TALK INGREDIENTS
This recipe has a lot of nutty goodness. I’ve used loads of almonds & walnuts however you can go on with the list by adding pecans, hazelnuts, cashews and more… You can even add raisins, however, do not combine it at the beginning itself, the raisins need to be added 20 mins before removing it out from the oven.
Feel free to use what is easily available even if it is Instant oats and not rolled oats. In my case, I have instant oats easily available, so I use instant oats. Do not worry, the mixture does not turn mushy. Just make sure you bake the granola once the wet & dry ingredients are combined, do not keep it unbaked for a long time or else it will turn soggy.
Baking (Chocolate-Coconut Granola)
So, one of the most important things is to bake the granola at the right temperature (low temperature). Thus, if baked on the high temperature it burns immediately so do not risk it out. 120 degrees C is just perfect. As a result, it is also important to keep tossing the granola every 20 mins while baking. This makes sure its evenly baked and no lumps are formed.
Next, make sure you store the granola in an airtight container away from direct sunlight. Moreover, this granola stays well for 15 to 20 days however if kept in the fridge it would last long.
Chocolate Coconut Oil Granola Recipe (Chocolate, Coconut, Oats Granola Recipe)
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut 30 grams
- ¼ cup` cocoa powder 25 grams
- 2 cups Oats 200 grams
- ¼ cup brown sugar 50 grams
- 50 grams walnuts, chopped
- 50 grams almonds, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence 5 ml
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients together. Using a spoon, give it a good mix
- In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients together
- Pour the wet ingredients mixture into the dry ingredients, mix well. The mixture will seem sticky which is perfect
- At this stage, you need to line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the granola mixture on it for baking. Make sure you spread the mixture on the tray well, this will avoid lumps
- Once you put the mixture to bake, toss the granola every 20 mins for even baking and no lumps
- Bake the granola for 50-60 mins at 120 C. The mixture should not be wet but dry & crisp
- Store in an airtight container and serve with milk
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you