Introducing you to my all-time favorite snack – Healthy Chocolate Date & Walnut Bites. These energy balls are easy to make, look great and taste even better. With the goodness of Oats, dates, nuts and more ingredients these Healthy Chocolate Date Walnut Bites are loaded with all the required goodness that will keep you going all day long. Also, you do not have to be a pro in the kitchen to make these beauties. TRUST ME, anyone can make them.
Chocolate Walnut Date Balls (Healthy Chocolate Date Walnut Bites)
So, if you looking for a healthy snack recipe or a snack that you can carry around in your bag while traveling, this is the one for you. Moreover, these healthy energy balls are filled with the goodness of healthy ingredients and are full of flavor.
Firstly, let’s discuss some ingredients to make these Healthy Chocolate Date Walnut Bites (Energy Balls) – Just like Raw Brownie Bites
Oats: Oats is a good source of protein, fiber, vitamins & minerals. As a result, oats is what adds volume to these healthy bites. Also, I like to toast my oats in the oven before using it in this recipe. You can even use instant oats if that’s easily available. Toasting gives it a good crunch and also removes the rawness. You can even toast your oats on the gas. In a pan, throw in your oats and keep tossing on a medium flame for 10 minutes or until light brown. Once done let cool.
Dates: Next, I use black dates also called date palms. They are rich in antioxidants and have high nutritional value. Also, I find them more sticky as they have the most moisture. As a result, its stickiness helps in the binding purpose making it easier to roll and shape them. So, the dry oats and sticky dates compliment each other well.
Chocolate Walnut Date Balls (Chocolate Date Walnut Bites)
Nuts: Next, this recipe contains a good amount of walnuts however you can also add more nuts of your choice. However, you can even add some dried fruits like cranberries or kiwis.
Nut Butter: You can use either peanut butter or almond butter depending on what you prefer or what is available. So, this is what combines all the ingredients together. It’s used for binding purposes.
Lastly, check out the recipe and make sure you make these healthy treats at home
HEALTHY CHOCOLATE DATE WALNUT BITES (Best Chocolate Date Nut Balls Recipe)
Healthy Chocolate Date & Walnut BitesPrint Pin Rate
- 150 grams black dates (seedless)
- 1 cup rolled oats (you can even use instant oats) 90 grams
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 50 grams walnuts
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3 tablespoon honey
- ½ cup nut butter (peanut butter or almond butter)
- Spread the oats on an oven tray and bake at 180 degrees C for 10 mins or until light brown. Let cool once done
- In a bowl, combine the seedless dates, toasted oats, cocoa powder, walnuts and cinnamon powder. Mix well
- Add the honey & nut butter of your choice and mix well
- Put this mixture in a grinder and grind well. You will notice that the mixture becomes grainy and begins to come together. In case you find the mixture a little too dry add one more tablespoon of nut butter. The mixture should form a smooth bowl when rolled using your palms
- Form mini balls using your palms and serve them in mini chocolate/muffin covers
- Once done, refrigerate it for 30 mins before serving
- Keep refrigerated
- Consume within 10 days
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you
These look phenomenal! Can’t wait to give them a try!
Alisha Rodrigues says
Please do !!