The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie – Best And Easy Foolproof Recipe is loaded with chocolate chips and so much goodness. These are truly the best chocolate chip cookies which are perfectly tender and crunchy with the perfect amount of chocolate chips in every bite. Simple & easy to make, this chocolate chip cookie recipe serves as a perfect snack and are simply considered as every kid’s favorite munch.
ABSOLUTE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
I am a self-proclaimed expert when it comes to chocolate chip cookies. When you want to bake something you scroll through recipes digging in for the best among the lott. I did the same. I’ve tried too many recipes to discover the best one among them all however even after many attempts I was still on a search for the BEST ..
ABOUT THIS RECIPE – THE BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE EVER
I knew what I was looking for in the Perfect chocolate chip cookie. It had to be well baked with a perfect combination of soft & crisp and that perfect golden brown cookie with chocolate chips crowning it all. So say cheers to the perfect cookie recipe that I bring to you in this post. Its the best I’ve come up with and I hope you feel the same.
LET’S TALK INGREDIENTS FOR THESE BAKERY STYLE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
So, my recipe follows a combination of white & brown sugar. I like to powder my white sugar and keep the brown sugar in its granulated form. Why a combination of two sugars? White sugar and butter, cream better than, brown sugar and butter.
Brown sugar adds to the taste and color of the cookie as brown sugar adds the molasses flavor to it and obviously its golden brown color.
This is what decides the texture of your cookie. If you want a good combination of crisp and soft you need to use cold butter.
Some recipes ask you to use room temperature or melted butter, the texture of those cookies are very different. They could even yield gooey soft cookies and some may even turn flat and thin. So its just based on your preference.
Cold butter keeps your cookie dough firmer and compared to the regular dough. When I say cold butter, you do not want to use super hard butter, basically, you do not want to use butter as hard as Ice. Its suppose to be cold but yet easy to work with.
I use salted butter in my recipe. If you not comfortable with using salted butter, go ahead and use unsalted along with ¼ teaspoon of salt.
The market has a variety of chocolate chips available. Dark, milk and white. Now we even have duet chocolate chip available (a combination of dark and white in every chocolate chip). Use what you like ..
THE ORIGINAL CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH CONSISTENCY
Firstly, your main aim is to achieve the right dough. The dough should feel firm and not very sticky (that is where the cold butter helps). After you have the dough ready you need to refrigerate the dough for about 20 to 30 mins before baking.
To be very precise I like to weigh each cookie to make sure they all are equal in size, but that is secondary (only if you want to)
Baking is another essential part of cookie making. Remember to preheat your oven each time you plan to bake. Preheating helps in keeping the temperatures constant while baking this helps in maintaining a good cookie texture.
The first batch of cookies take about 20 mins to bake however the other batches go faster and bake in about 15 mins.
The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 180 grams all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 110 grams salted butter, cold
- 5 tbsps granulated brown sugar
- 115 grams powdered white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 ½ cup chocolate chips
- Combine the all-purpose flour and baking soda together, mix well
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugars together. This is an important step. Make sure to beat it at least for 4 to 5 mins. The butter should be fluffy and light and the sugar should be well combined
- To this mixture, add the egg and vanilla essence and beat well
- Reduce the beater speed to low and add the flour a little at a time
- Once all the ingredients are well combined, stop beating and combine the chocolate chips using a wooden spoon. If you like it loud in your cookies go on an add 2 cups of chocolate chips. I prefer sticking onto a cup and a half of chocolate chips
BAKING THE COOKIES
- Let the dough rest in the fridge for 30 mins and then using an ice cream scooper, scoop out portions of the dough making sure you place them on a tray lined with parchment paper or silicone mat for baking. Keep at least 2 to 3 inches distance between each cookie as they spread while baking
- Bake the cookies at 180 degrees C for 15-20 mins or until the base turns golden brown
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you