These Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins are a perfect go-to snack and make the best breakfast recipe for a busy morning. If you’re looking for a healthy muffin recipe, this is it !! These Oatmeal muffins are made with natural sugars and are loaded with the goodness of nuts. The best part about these muffins is, that it has no flour
What makes these Oatmeal breakfast muffins healthy?
Contains natural sugar
Made using rolled oats
Contains almond milk
The goodness of nuts and flavorful spices
The main ingredients in these Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins are Oats. They’re good for you and the perfect start to a busy morning. This recipe has so much goodness and simply tastes delicious. A must-try if you’re looking for healthy breakfast options
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Hi guys & girls,
The New year has just begun and like many of us, my New year resolution is to try out healthy stuff. I’ve been working on a lot of healthy recipes, but most of the time I find something not right. Either their not fluffy or have a weird texture or simply not so delicious.
As a baker, working with sugar, flour, and eggs has always been an essential part of my recipes. Trying to avoid these and feel satisfied is a task. So finally, after multiple trials and a number of failures, here’s a recipe I fell in love with. They’re not only delicious but easy to make and have a beautiful fluffy cake-like texture (which I’ve been looking out for in many healthy cake recipes)
Just follow the Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins recipe step by step, and I’m sure you’re going to love the healthy baking versions I bring to you this New Year 2020
The most common oats available are rolled oats and instant oats. I recommend using rolled oats to get the right texture for these Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Almond milk is a dairy-free healthier version as compared to regular milk. However, feel free to use regular milk if you’d like that
I like the combination of oats and walnuts, due to which I’ve used walnuts in this recipe. If you’d like pecans, hazelnuts, almonds or any other nut, go ahead and add it. The nuttier, the better !!
Banana is a binding agent and also adds a mild sweetness to the recipe. Make sure to use ripe bananas for baking recipes. If you do not have ripe bananas just microwave the banana for 60 seconds before using, works well too. If your not comfortable using bananas, feel free to substitute it with a ¼ cup of applesauce to make healthy banana oatmeal muffins
The egg is another binding agent in this recipe. It’s responsible for a good muffin texture. However, in your not comfortable using eggs, go ahead and substitute it with flax egg.
What you need to do:
Combine 2 tablespoons of flaxseed powder with 5 tablespoons of warm water. Mix well and let it sit for 5 minutes. Add this mixture instead of an egg into the Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins batter until well combined
Some more healthy recipes:
Recipe – Healthy Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins
- Ripe Banana, big size 1 (or 2 small bananas)
- Egg 1
- Almond milk 180 ml
- Rolled oats 175 grams
- Salt ⅛ teaspoon
- Baking powder 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder ½ teaspoon
- Nutmeg, grated ½ teaspoon
- Walnuts, roughly chopped 35 grams
- Dark chocolate chips 25 grams
- Honey 1 tablespoon
In a large bowl, mash a ripe big banana. Add the egg and almond milk, whisk well.
To this bowl, add the rolled oats, salt, baking powder, cinnamon powder, grated nutmeg and mix well with the wet ingredients (You do not need to do this in separate bowls, its a quick, easy and hassle-free recipe)
Once well mixed, add the walnuts and a few chocolate chips. Mix well
Grease a muffin tray with some coconut oil and pour the batter into it, you can fill them till the brim of the mold. Sprinkle some more chocolate chips over it and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 20 to 25 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean
Once baked, let the muffins sit at room temperature for 10 minutes, unmold and drizzle some honey over the muffins before you bite into them. Enjoy !!
Add any kinda nut that you’d like if your not fond of walnuts
- 1 Ripe Banana, big size (if small in size then use 2 bananas)
- 1 Egg
- 180 ml Almond milk
- 175 grams Rolled oats
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp Nutmeg, grated
- 35 grams Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 25 grams Dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp Honey
- In a large bowl, mash a ripe big banana. Add the egg and almond milk, whisk well
- To this bowl, add the rolled oats, salt, baking powder, cinnamon powder, grated nutmeg and mix well with the wet ingredients (You do not need to do this in separate bowls, its a quick, easy and hassle-free recipe)
- Once well mixed, add the walnuts and a few chocolate chips. Mix the Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins batter well
- Grease a muffin tray with some coconut oil and pour the batter into it, you can fill them till the brim of the mold. Sprinkle some more chocolate chips over it and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 20 to 25 mins or until an inserted skewer comes out clean
- Once baked, let the muffins sit at room temperature for 10 minutes, unmold and drizzle some honey over the muffins before you bite into them. Enjoy !!
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you