This is The Best Brownie Recipe with a fudgy texture and is simple and easy too. Homemade brownies with chocolate and cocoa powder have the perfect taste and texture, your not going to need brownie premixes anymore cos this is indeed the perfect chocolate brownie recipe with walnuts and chocolate chips
About these Moist Chocolate Brownies
These are quick and easy brownies with few ingredients
Have a fudgy yet cakey texture with chunky walnuts and chocolate chips that add more flavor
This brownie with walnuts recipe is made with dark chocolate and cocoa powder. A combination of both is what makes these the best !!
So let’s get started …
I’m always in search of the world’s best brownie recipe.. Does that even exist?? Not sure .. But this one is definitely a foolproof brownie recipe that never fails to impress me
You’ve got that fudgy texture, yet a cakey feel to it. A rich flavor with moist crumbs and crunchy walnuts is what explains this recipe
When I want to treat a chocolate lover, this is the recipe that comes to mind. I’ve made these about 50 times (or maybe more) and trust me, ITS THE BEST !!
So, if your looking for a quick, easy, foolproof recipe. Here it is !!
Brownie recipe with Cocoa powder OR Brownie recipe with Chocolate ??
You may come across a few recipes made with cocoa powder and a few with dark chocolate. Confused about which is better?? Just use both.. What a perfect balance that is !!
The cocoa powder keeps the brownies softer for a longer time. When made with only chocolate, the cocoa butter levels are higher and thus change texture making it sticky and firmer when kept in the fridge. Thus, if you want softer crumbs, add some cocoa powder to your recipe
However, making brownies with cocoa powder only, yields cakey, chocolate cake-like brownies, and when made only with chocolate, they yield wettish, more fudgy, and gooey brownies ..
I like the balance of cakey and fudgy, thus combining both is the best !!
How to make the best brownie recipe (Brownie recipe step by step)
Step 1 – Melt the butter & chocolate on a double boiler or microwave until melted. I like adding coffee but its totally optional
Step 2 – Beat up the sugar and eggs. Castor sugar is best. Whisk until the sugar dissolves and combine this mixture with the melted chocolate mixture
Step 3 – Add in the cocoa powder and flour mixture, mix well
Step 4 – Throw in some walnuts to make a Walnut Brownie or some chocolate chips to make a chocolate chip brownie. I like both and so you know the drill …
Step 5 – Bake and Enjoy !!
Tips to Make The Best Brownie Recipe
Use excellent quality of dark chocolate
Room temperature salted butter is the best
Never over bake a brownie, unlike cakes, insert a skewer and it should come out with crumbs on it. If the skewer or toothpick comes out dry, the brownie will taste more like a brownie cake than fudgy brownies
Look out the for the crinkled brownie skin on the top. If you get that crisp brownie texture on the top, you’ve done a good job !!
Lastly, serve the super hot brownie with a big scoop of chilled vanilla ice cream. And you’ll fall in love with me, with every bite.. Hahah !!
More Homemade Recipes
- Birthday Chocolate Brownie Cupcakes
- Brownie Lava Cake
- Big Brownie Cookie
- Brownie Tart
- Brownie Cheesecake Bars
- 100 grams All purpose flour
- 20 grams Cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 120 grams Salted Butter
- 200 grams Dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons Instant coffee powder
- 140 grams Castor sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 50 grams Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 40 grams chocolate chips
- Firstly, sieve the all purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl. Set aside
- In another heatproof bowl, add the salted butter, coffee powder, and chopped dark chocolate. Microwave or place the mixture on a double boiler until melted. Set it aside to cool a little
- In a big bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs until the sugar melts and the mixture becomes pale. This should take about 2 mins. Then, add the chocolate & butter mixture to this (make sure this mixture is not hot while adding it to the eggs) Mix well
- Next, add the flour & cocoa powder mixture to it and mix. Make sure there are no lumps
- Throw in the walnuts and chocolate chips into the batter (dont forget to save some to sprinkle on the top of the cake)
- Once the batter is ready, pour this mixture in a 7 inch square baking dish lined with parchment paper or butter paper
- Bake this in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 25 to 35 mins. When you insert a skewer into the cake, the cake should have crumbs on it and not come out completely dry
- Once done, let the brownie sit in the baking dish and come to room temperature before cutting into squares. This yields neat pieces that do not crumble or break easily. Enjoy !!
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you
Some more recipes you may like
- Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins
- Healthy Whole Wheat Cake
- Moist Orange Cake
- Custard Cake Recipes
- Brownie Lava Cake
- Mango Chiffon Cake
- Zebra Cake
- Best Carrot Cake
- Orange Chiffon Cake
- Coffee Cake
- Strawberry Chiffon Cake
- Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Chocolate Coffee Banana Cake
- Chocolate chip cotton cake
- Chocolate coffee banana cake