Simple & easy crisp chocolate biscotti are perfect for a memorable tea time experience. These Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti are delicious and so crisp. With a perfect blend of chocolate & nutty flavors, this recipe is a good snacking option. This double chocolate biscotti is one of the finest chocolate recipes on the blog
Let’s talk INGREDIENTS to make an Easy Chocolate Biscotti Recipe with hazelnuts
Firstly, this Biscotti is loaded with nuts. This time we’ve used hazelnuts. Additionally, they compliment chocolate so well. Next, I always roast my hazelnuts before adding them to the dough. As a result, this brings out the flavor of the nuts. Roast the nuts of medium heat in a pan for 20 mins. You can even toast them in the oven at 180 degrees C for 10-15 mins before you make the Chocolate Nut Biscotti
Chocolate & Cocoa Powder
Yes… Unlike a lot of chocolate biscotti recipes, we going to be using chopped chocolate and not just cocoa powder. The type of chocolate & cocoa powder you add definitely influences how these biscotti’s turn out. Note, I’ve used dark chocolate & unsweetened cocoa powder for this recipe. Stick on to these 2 to get that extra chocolate flavor in your biscotti’s
Next, I like to use brown sugar for this particular Chocolate-Nut Biscotti recipe. The texture & flavor is simply different. In case you do not get brown sugar easily you can substitute it with white sugar.
Tips for baking Biscotti
Firstly, Biscotti’s need to be baked really well to get that crispy texture. So after baking the log shaped biscotti we cut them into pieces and bake each side of the piece for 15 mins each. In case, you like it not so firm you can reduce the baking process of each side of the piece to 8-10 mins. As a result, these Chocolate-Nut biscotti won’t be as firm as they normally are.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS RECIPE ON PINTEREST FOR LATER.
YOU CAN FIND MORE OF MY RECIPES ON MY BLOG PINTEREST BOARD AND FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE AWESOME RECIPES.
Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti (Recipe Card) – Easy Biscotti Recipe
- 120 grams hazelnuts, chopped
- 120 grams brown sugar
- 70 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 130 grams all purpose flour
- 10 grams cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon coffee powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ cup flour (for dusting & kneading purpose)
- Firstly, toast the chopped hazelnuts and set aside
- Combine the brown sugar & chopped dark chocolate and grind until fine
- In a bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, coffee powder and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs & vanilla essence. Using a beater, beat well.
- To this mixture, add the brown sugar & chocolate mixture. Mix well
- Continue by adding the flour mixture, do not use the beater while doing this.
- Once all of the ingredients are combined add the toasted hazelnuts.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough into a log shape. During this process, the dough may seem sticky add some of the flour from the ¼th cup that was kept for dusting purpose.
- Place this log shaped dough onto a butter paper and bake in a preheated oven at 150 degrees C for 30-40 mins. The top of the biscotti should feel firm
- Remove from the oven and cut into pieces. Place these pieces on the same butter paper and bake for 15 mins at 150 degrees C. Once baked on one side, turn the pieces and bake for another 15 mins on the other side. Remove from the oven and cool for 10 mins
- Make sure you store these in an airtight container once ready.
About Videos – most recipes has two videos – a quick version in the post & longer detailed version on this recipe card. Please do subscribe to my channel if you like my videos
The nutrition information and metric conversion are calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator. Thank you